For a while there I thought this card would never see the light of day. If something could go wrong, it did! The original design concept came together effortlessly but the actual execution – yeah, not so effortless! lol I got ink on my fingernails when inking up the stamp which I transferred onto the card, then I got ink onto the block which I also transferred onto the card. I ruined my masking (there’s a lot of masking!) and ended up with blue and green ink on my pretty pink flowers. The stamps are acrylic (which, to be honest, I’m not a fan of – I prefer photopolymer.) and so they can be quite squishy when you stamp and don’t necessarily hold their shape perfectly so I had some imperfect stamping. Finally, after the fourth (!) start, I managed to get through to the end and I must say I am pretty please with the card. I’m totally loving the bright colours – they’re so happy and fun!
Here’s the card…
TIP: I usually recommend colouring the item that you have the most difficulty with first so that you don’t ruin your project after a lot of work if it doesn’t go well. Unfortunately, I didn’t follow my own advice with this card (mainly because I just love colouring those gorgeous flowers) and ended up with the bird as the final part of the card to colour. What I did was stamp up the image a number of times on a separate sheet of cardstock and then tried a number of colour combinations. I roughly trimmed out the image so I could put it on top of my card and get a true idea of how it would look. When I found one I liked, I was then able to finish my card in a way I was happy with. Hope this helps!
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great day!
What did I say in a previous comment: that you’d create something lovely with the birds? And yes, you’ve proven me right! From the sponging, to the flowery frame, to the bird itself…eye-catching colouring and composition! Incredible! I hear you about the ‘what could go wrong, did go wrong’ experience, because yes sireee….had an abundance of those this week. I was trying to stamp some balloons, using Jennifer McGuire’s method of stamping with one colour, then adding a second – after brushing off part of in the ink, so as to create a highlight – and oh my stars! We won’t even discuss how much paper and time that production took! I was aiming for a set of three balloons; two would work and then the third..gahhh! I finally settled on ONE balloon and one BIG sentiment! Grrr….Maybe a MISTI is a good investment after all! Anyway…your perseverance paid off!
Love the look. Love the sentiment. Very nice work, KP.
Thanks very much, GCC! 🙂
Comments are closed.