Thought I would do something a little different today and share with you some of the people (and their blogs) who inspire me in the cardmaking realm, not only with their creativity, but also with their generosity in terms of encouragement and sharing of information and ideas. You may recognise some of the names but perhaps a couple of names are new to you. I thoroughly encourage you to visit their websites as I am sure you will come away just as inspired and uplifted as I do. Here are my Five Favourites: Must Visit Cardmaking Blogs:
1. Jennifer McGuire Ink – Jennifer McGuire – she’s the guru! What more can be said? Plenty actually! Jennifer regularly shares card making videos which are always informative and beautiful. Jennifer is a wizz at showcasing different techniques too. She comes up with ideas that are sometimes amazing in their simplicity and have us all wondering why we hadn’t thought of that too. The other thing I love about watching her videos is that she always seems to squeeze more than one card/example into each one. Jennifer is also very generous with her encouragement of others within in the industry and promotes kindness (and the world needs a whole lot more of that!)!
2. Nichol Spohr Magouirk – You all know I love creating little scenes with my stamps and it was so fun for me to come across another card maker who creates intricate scenes like I do. Nichol creates the most gorgeous cards and her videos are just lovely!
3. Lawn Fawn – it is no secret that Lawn Fawn is one of my favourite stamp companies! I love their products (in fact, look for a haul video coming soon). I love that their blog features cards by their customers as well as their design team. They really seem involved and aware of what is happening within the industry. I love their Release Weeks where they show the products they are releasing in depth – they actually stamp out each of the stamps and you get a feel for what they were trying to achieve with each stamps. This is great because I’ve been known to look at stamps by other companies and I have no idea what the stamp is at all. lol
4. Creative Cardsea – Elle is an amazingly talented cardmaker and her cards always leave me inspired. She colours so beautifully and her card designs are always so fantastic. I also love how Elle gives us an insight into her thinking with her posts about goals and struggles. Oh, and she gives herself the most fabulous challenges! I’ve been known to play along and they are super fun!
5. Gotta do the Happy Dance – Bev was the first person to comment on my blog and she has commented on the majority of my posts ever since. Bev is incredibly generous in terms of encouragement and support. She ALWAYS uplifts with her posts AND her cards! One of the things I love most about visiting Bev’s blog is that she has a wide range of styles and every post inspires.
So these are Five Favourites: Must Visit Cardmaking Blogs. I hope you visit their blogs and come away as inspired as I do when I visit them. I would love to hear some of your “must visit” blogs so please feel free to share in the comments below. There are so many wonderful cardmakers out there and I would love to spotlight more (perhaps a post for another day) but for this post my criteria was to include the blogs I always visit first when I sit down to read.
I hope you enjoy this type of blog post too – it is a little different for me. I have some ideas for similar posts and will be sharing them over the coming months. If you would like to suggest any more areas you’d like for me to cover, please do so.
(Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. I am not affiliated with the first three artists/companies. The last two artists I feel privileged to call my friends after having come to know them through cardmaking.)